Now the temperatures are on the rise salads are a perfect main dish for every night of the week. Our olive oil are a perfect compliment to any salad.
Avocado Caesar Salad
- ½ baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp Valley Olive Oil extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic,
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, rinsed, patted dry, wilted outer leaves discarded
- ½ ripe, Fresh avocado peeled,
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes,
For the dressing
- ½ ripe, Fresh avacodo peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil (valley olive oil)
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt ½ tsp pepper
Cherry Tomato Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil(valley olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian dressing mix
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in 1/2
- 1 (15-ounce) can pitted black olives
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
In a medium bowl whisk together Valley Olive Oil extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and dressing mix. Add cherry tomatoes, olives, basil and sliced scallions to bowl. Toss and serve.
Arugula Salad with Pears
- (15-ounce) can pear halves, drained and sliced, reserve 2 tablespoons juice
- 2 tablespoons Valley Olive Oil extra virgin olive oil and vinegar dressing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby arugala
- 4 tablespoons Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons glazed pecans
In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons reserved pear juice and Valley Olive Oil extra virgin olive oil and vinegar dressing. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Add arugula and toss to coat. Divide dressed arugula among chilled salad plates. Top each salad with pear slices, Gorgonzola, and pecans. Serve immediately.
This is my go-to salad dressing. We love garlic and all of it’s health benefits and the herbs are usually whatever I have in the house, dried or fresh.
- 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs or 2 teaspoons dried (basil, oregano, chives, and thyme are all nice)
- scant 1 1/2 cups Valley Olive Oil extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a jar. Stir well with a fork.
- Add valley olive oil, cover tightly, and shake well until combined. You can also use a blender and drizzle the oil in slowly while it is running.
- Serve over your basic green salad with added chopped vegetables